Monday, May 27, 2013

Recent Baby Gift Sets

This past month I had 2 custom orders, one of which was rather large, and two baby gifts for coworkers to work on. Now that they are all complete and my real life has settled down, I finally have the time to make a post about them.

My first custom order was a Stars & Stripes baby cocoon and hat. The customer's husband is an ex-marine and she had seen a picture of something similar online and thought it would be a wonderful idea for their newborn pictures. Knowing me from work, she contacted me and asked me to make one. How cute and sweet is that?!
Stars & Stripes Cocoon 1
If you have any great stories to go with your purchase, please feel free to share. I really love hearing them, plus I get to know you better and the items feel more special once they are made n_n

Another great story, although on an order from February, was the one behind the twin dragonfly booties. The customer was having twin boys, but really wanted to do a dragonfly theme because she had a chest painted by her late mother that she wanted to put in the boys' room (it was painted with dragonflies). She saw my original yellow dragonfly booties and contacted me. The two of us worked together to get her two pairs that would fit the bill.
mip1500's Dragonfly Booties 6

Anyway...going back on track. My large order this past month was a doozy! The customer wanted a Tunisian blanket, and while beautiful they take a lot of work and time to make. The gift was for her boyfriend's niece who was having her first baby  (a girl!). The customer wanted to go all out, so she ordered the blanket, a pair of mary janes, a sun bonnet, and a fairy plush.
Fairy Baby Set 2

Since the deadline for my large order got pushed up 2 months (after making all arrangements, the customer found out about the baby shower! so I rushed to get it done early), I hit a bit of a time crunch the last two weeks and was knitting and crocheting away like made to finish some gifts for two of my coworkers, both of whom are having their first baby (and they are both having boys).
~*~

As always, if you see something you would like duplicated (or changed), please contact me. It doesn't matter if I sold it in my shop or just shared it here as a personal project--I want to make you the perfect gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment