Thursday, May 24, 2018

Minty Dog Treats


Are you looking for a quick and easy dog treat recipe? Or are you trying to combat stinky breath? We've got you covered with these Minty Dog Treats. One of the lovely ladies form my Rebel Canners FB group shared this recipe, and I whipped up a batch today for our pup. She had to check them out at first, but quickly grew to love them. Now she keeps trying to get into the container!

Minty Dog Treats
½ c mint leaves, chopped
¼ c applesauce
½ c parsley, chopped
¼ c shredded carrot (optional)
3-4 c flour
2 eggs
water

Combine everything together, using enough water to make a non-sticky dough
Roll ¼ inch thick and cut into desired shape
Bake 10-15 min at 350F

Elisha notes that you can easily swap the apple sauce for pumpkin puree or mashed bananas. Her flour of choice is whole wheat, and I have heard good things about oat flour as well, but really you can use whatever flour you want.

When I made these, I used dried herbs. I have what I believe to be 2 crazy mint plants in my front yard, but I haven't verified which type, and no fresh parsley. It's a super easy swap, just make sure to only use a third of the specified amount if swapping in dried for fresh herbs (so in this case, only use 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp of each herb).

I've also hear both mint and parsley are good for bad breath. If you don't have one you could very likely leave the other out, or possibly double whichever you have on hand.


Let me know how you and your dog like these treats! And if you have other pet treat recipes that you love, please share them :)

No comments:

Post a Comment