Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Projects on the horizon for Handmade by Caitlin

Well it has been a busy past coupled of months. Lots of Christmas knitting (I still have to finish up two shawls actually, but they are close to being done). Then I sprained my wrist which has lead to slow-going on the knitting front. Still recovering, but I'm picking up speed again. I've just decided to give myself some designated rest time, so I am working minimally at night and you will notice my weekends are open on my calendar. There have also been a nice handful of orders coming in, two of which are very large, so I've definitely been kept busy. I recently signed up for a swap too that I should get working on soon >.> <.<

Once all my orders are completed, I have some plans for items that I want to make for my shop. I have a few pairs of toddler (18 month) sandals that are complete that I want to post soon. I also want to get some ice skates (hockey, figure, and a pair of toddler Chicago Blackhawks skates) made and posted. I am currently working on some Texas Longhorn cleats, and if you've been keeping up I already have Chicago Bears sandals and booties, so I want to get some cleats going soon too. The customizable roller skate listings are still in the works too. Beyond that, I just have some fun ideas for "regular" booties, like a pink bootie with a snowflake, and some pale blue and white conductor stripe booties.

Building up to that, I have been designing a "product catalog" for all my knit/crochet baby items. If you know me in person, please feel free to ask to take a look. Otherwise, I am also planning to convert it to a fancy pdf (or possibly an online viewer), so convo me on etsy or pm here and I can email you the digital version. The catalog contains items you can find in the galleries on my blog, but they are better organized by type and price points.

I also have a collection of jewelry I had made for some craft shows, so they were never posted on my shop. I need to photograph and measure these and then my jewelry selection should increase. I am hoping to find some downtime come spring for some hair pieces as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment