Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Upcoming Projects

Well...I am still moving. There were some hiccups, and now I am moving to a different place over the course of the next week or so. However, most of my supplies are still packed up, so the shop will remain in vacation mode.


In the meantime, I am planning 3 baby gifts for friends. Well, I say 3, but for one of them I have 3 separate ideas. Regardless, be on the look out for...

Lavender, Cream & Tan Hedgehog Set
I fell in love with a hedgehog plush pattern that I found, and the theme just feels right for my one friend. I really want to make a coordinating blanket, but she and I have made other arrangements, so to accompany the lavender hedgehog I am thinking of bonnets and mary jane booties.

Blue, Tan, and White Lamb Set
My friend showed me a blanket that she would like and I switched up one of the colors and thought of ways to expand into a gift set. I found an adorable lamb plush I am going to make to coordinate with the blanket, and she is also going to get a set of loafer booties (just to switch things up from the Chucks, plus they are darling! It was actually between loafers or buttoned boots...)


I am also throwing around a few more ideas as possibilities for the same person. They will probably still all happen, even if not a gifts (although, given how many friends we have in common...lol)

Rainbow of Chucks Booties
Who am I kidding? This is definitely happening. Ever since these two got married, I've been saying this would happen. I am going to make as many Chucks as I can in all different colors, so their baby has some awesome footwear this winter.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Set
I honestly am not sure what this would entail. I am thinking a beanie with an attached mask that can flip up...or a shell (photo prop or possibly sweater, still working out details). And of course there is the option to make plush characters, or weapons, etc. We will see where this goes if it happens.

Owl Set
The mommy to be loves owls. And now that I know she is having a little girl, I feel like they are easier to incorporate. There are a ton of cute patterns out there for blankets, plush, hats, and scrubbies. We will see if this amounts to anything, but I feel like at least one owl thing will sneak it's way in.


I've also got a few orders lined up. One which was just placed today and is due in a week, another due shortly thereafter thankfully these are both blankets only), and a large video game themed set due at the end of the year.

Peach, Yellow & White Blanket
A coworker came up to me today asking how quickly I can make a baby blanket. She technically already gave a gift, but now that there is also a shower going on for her friend, she wanted something simple to give. We discussed colors and finally set on this theme with the baby girl's name sewn on in fleece. Keep an eye out for pictures, as this sweet blanket will be finished in about a week.

Baby Girl Blanket
A friend of mine is ordering the blankie for her little girl from me. I don't have any more specifics yet, as I think she is picking out the yarn. Little girl is due soon though, so more updates and hopefully a finished item within the next month or so.

Video Gamer Set
A buddy has commissioned me to make a video game themed set for one of his gaming friends. The set will be for a little girl, and I think we have all the items finalized. We are going in a few different directions with Nintendo, XBox, and PC. There is definitely going to be an XBox controller rattle, and another plush toy based off a character from League of Legends. Other items include a blanket, and hat & booties. I'm keeping these under wraps for now (especially as I am designing the blanket and am not 100% sure how it will work/turn out), but they will be based of some traditional Nintendo characters.


I am also working on some basic kitchen & bath items (wash cloths, pot scrubbers, exfoliating pads, hanging towels, hand towels, etc) to add to the shop--great for regular use or new baby items.

So...keep your eyes peeled for some of these items, and remember you can always contact me for something similar, or completely unique. You can always contact me via my blog, Facebook, or Etsy convo (I still check them), and I plan to have my shop live again after Labor Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment