Friday, August 8, 2014

Playing Catch Up

The shop is back open! I had it on "Vacation Mode" for the last few weeks to catch up on some big projects, and once those were done I was getting ready to move. I was sad to do it, but you guys have been keeping me pretty busy with a steady stream of orders which I LOVE  but I was in need of some extra time. I'm all caught up and unpacked now though, so let the orders roll in again n_n

I've been posting the projects that have been occupying me on Facebook as they've been completed, but here is a quick collection of what has been going on the past few weeks...

Patchwork Puppy & Matching Blankie
I made this as a gift set for a friend of mine. She let me know the colors and theme (puppies & kitties), but also hinted that she loved the turtles I have made. I had to find a way to make it work, so using two Heidi Bears patterns, I compiled this little fella.
Heidi is pretty awesome and is cool with selling items made using her patters, so if you are interested convo me on etsy. However, these guys will not be regularly posted as they take quite a while and a good amount of yarn. This also means they will cost a bit more (like $30-35 for larger guys like this, probably).

Giraffe & Matching Blanket
This set was made for another friend (2 down, 3 more to go... this year!). It came about because they are keeping the gender a surprise. I was trying to figure out gender neutral combos, and thought these colors looked cute together and lent themselves well to a giraffe. This couple actually has another little gift on the way in the form of Jayne Cobb hats n_n

Nightmare Before Christmas Set
This set was so much fun! It was actually a commission, requested by my friend's husband for a coworker (the same one who requested the Nicor set...I love his requests! They are so much fun n_n). He wasn't sure what he wanted exactly, but his coworker loves The Nightmare Before Christmas. He got as far as booties, and something with Jack's face. This was the result and I am loving it.
This set may not be a regularly posted item, but if you are interested I am taking custom requests for it and/or individual items. Zero is actually a lovey/blankie buddy so his body is larger than normal and his collar is incorporated into the blanket part.

Wedding Mittens
These guys are more complicated to work on at work than I thought, so they took quite a bit longer. However they are now complete and below are the two different styles of pairs that were requested



*The two blankets in these pictures will be some of the pattern options available to you when I get the create your own blanket postings made. Until then, if you like the designs and are looking for a blanket, feel free to request one in the colors you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment