Friday, August 9, 2013

Free Calcifer Pattern

Let's keep the theme going n_n This week's free pattern is for an amigurumi (crochet plush) Calcifer from Howl's Moving Castle which is another anime film by Studio Ghibli. This film is one of my favorites, both by Studio Ghibli and in general. It is based off the book with the same name by Diana Wynne Jones, which I also recommend.



Calcifer is a fire demon. His anime version is rather cute and tiny, but his book counterpart is less corporeal and definitely more demonic. In both versions his character is great and easy to become a fan of.

I originally came across this pattern when looking for all kinds of anime plush, hoping to use it for a swap. I held off though until I joined a Studio Ghibli swap this past winter and I made a Calcifer for my partner.



If you think he is cute, check out djonesgirl's pattern. It is pretty easy so not a bad choice for a beginner.

I also recommend you check out the movie and book n_n

No comments:

Post a Comment