Wednesday, August 28, 2013

New Custom Orders

I'm back in action! Well, I always have been working on orders, but we are expanding the one building at my day job and relocating most of our 450 employees and I have been enlisted to help facilitate the relocations. Unfortunately, this leaves very little time for blogging. I usually get Mondays blogged due to the weekend, but even this week that got overlooked.

Anyway, I did some rearranging of my schedule and pushed the Train Gift Set to the end of this month and worked on the First Grandson Set and Penguin Plush first. I did this because work has been crazy and these two orders had hard due dates, whereas the other was a request from a friend for no particular date.

So, the Penguin Plush is finished and posted for the buyer. He turned out pretty cute. I was a little sad that the girl it was for didn't want any different colors (she looked at her aunt like she was crazy when asked what color her penguin should be...obviously its black! oh little girls...), but he is still adorable.

The First Grandson Set is also finished and posted. I happened to work with the buyer and have already given it to her due to her daughter being induced Monday night! (Her due date was September 16th). I finished up adding the name to the blanket Monday night and brought it in Tuesday to show the buyer and verify that she was happy with it, and she just popped over to give me the news so I gave it to her. That was very lucky timing!

Tonight I will get moving on the Train Gift Set. It will consist of a conductor style hat, train plush, and train blanket. This is a mock-up from the chart I improvised for the blanket, and the plush will look like the engine from the blanket. I'm very excited to get going on it n_n

NEXT WEEK be prepared for another baby hat and some peeks at a few other projects. My friend's son turns 2 next month and his party is Curious George themed, so I wanted to make him a Curious George and maybe a sweater or yellow hat. I also need to start designing my items for Three Strikes for Sean. If you have suggestions please comment; I am aiming for 4 pairs of footwear (2 for girls and 2 for boys).

AFTER ALL OF THAT I will be getting back to designing items for the shop: customizeable roller skate booties, Minion hats and outfits, an Eve cocoon, and a Wall-E plush just to name a few. Remember I will fulfill any request and I love general suggestions for my shop. I want to make the items you want to buy, so your opinions are very important to me.

See you Friday with a new free pattern!

No comments:

Post a Comment