Monday, March 11, 2013

International Shipping for Handmade by Caitlin

Well I have finally made progress and have done the basic footwork of getting international shipping prices. Currently it is all in the form of a giant list/spreadsheet with prices by region and packaging type.

Etsy gives me 3 ways to choose non-US shipping profiles: by individual country, by EU/non-EU region, or everywhere else. Unfortunately there are 4 regions I would need to set up for international shipping profiles which etsy doesn't allow, or I do each country which would be ridiculous. So to make things easier, I just ask that if you are not from the US please send me a convo (on the item you want preferably, but if you want multiple items or send a general convo that is fine too). I will reply to you within 24 hours with a quote and if you approve I will update the listing(s) with an "Everywhere Else" shipping price.

If you want a general idea of what your shipping could cost, I have no problem sharing my pdf with you. It is broken down by location, packaging type, and weight. There are some examples of what would fit into each packaging type, although I don't have weights for individual items so that part is not as helpful to you at the moment. I am going to start keeping a list of weights and eventually post an update to help with this. For reference though, 2 pairs of booties (which I usually ship stuffed) packed in a box with some additional tissue paper weighed in at 8oz.

My basic price list can be found here, which may help you decide if it is worth it to you, but upon contacting me you will get an exact shipping price.

I like to check up on my customer base so I know some of you are not from the US, but are favoriting my items. Granted I know this could just be for inspiration or ideas (I certainly do that), but in the event it is an item you want but thought you could not purchase due to lack of international shipping I want you to know that these items are definitely available to you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment