Thursday, March 14, 2013

Update & Some Tutorials

I am working away on two orders. The fairy gift set unfortunately is not ready to ship out for Saturday delivery--I try to accommodate all requests but sometimes my real job gets in the way. This order also had the deadline upped 2 months, it will go out this weekend however. Luckily the client understands. My cocoon also got pushed up--originally deadline was March 29 (for an early-mid April due date), but last Friday she went on bed rest and said they were predicting an early delivery so I guaranteed it would get shipped by this weekend. Yesterday I found out she had her baby Tuesday, so I am knitting away like mad today to get her cocoon out this evening or tomorrow morning.

I've also been trying to organize my files and paperwork--making it easier to run my shop from anywhere. In doing so I ran across a few tutorials I made up for some knit & crochet classes I ran at my work as part of our Wellness Committee's health week (our coordinator thought they would be a great option for stress relief). I borrowed the steps and images from a few sites, but I made sure to include their information on the handouts. Please check them out! They have many more helpful videos and illustrated steps that you will find beneficial. I still visit these sites when I have questions or am trying to explain something.

Knitting 101: Scarf/Washcloth
Learn the basics of knitting: cast-on, knit stitch, purl stitch, cast off
Learn two stitch patterns: garter stitch, ribbing
Illustrated steps from Knit Simple Mag
Video links from Knitting Help

Knitting 101: Simple Hat
Learn the basics of knitting: cast-on, knit stitch, purl stitch
Learn some advanced steps: decreases, seaming, pom-poms
Learn three stitch patterns: garter stitch, stockinette stitch, ribbing
Illustrated steps from Knit Simple Mag
Video links from Knitting Help

Crochet 101: Granny Squares
Learn the basics of crochet: chain, slip stitch, double-crochet stitch
Learn how to work in the round and join pieces together
Illustrated steps from Knit Simple Mag
Video links from Crochet Hooks You

These tutorials will also be posted in my Freebies section, which you can find a tab for up top.
The Patterns & Tutorials section I am reserving for purchaseable items.

No comments:

Post a Comment