Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Handmade for Adults

I thought now would be a good time to take advantage of Shop Info Wednesday to remind you that while most of my stock and products are for infants, I can and will venture beyond that scope. I can make items for older kids, adults, household use, and even decoration. In fact, this is my usually fare for non-shop projects (just ask my friends and family...they receive a lot of them!).

Would you like some examples*? OK!

One of the gifts I give that get rave reviews are actually wash cloths...seriously. They are knit from cotton and have a decent texture for scrubbing if necessary. My mom asks for more all the time! I've started expanding them in to kitchen and bath sets as well

I also make clothing and accessories that will fit anyone from baby to adult, although there are some caveats to that. As I have designed very few items myself (especially clothing-wise), I am limited to patterns where the designer has given express permission to sell items made using that pattern. Unfortunately this means you cannot just link me to a pattern and request I make it for you and get paid...I want to respect the designer's rights. As such, some projects you may see on my flickr, blog, or Ravelry may not be reproduceable for purchase. However, I am willing to help you find a pattern that I can sell items from and work with you from there.
In fact, there are some items that can be easily designed without infringing on designer rights. For example: socks, mittens/gloves, hats, and scarves. There are many basic patterns or formulas and a variety of free stitch patterns (e.g. cables, checked, lace) that can be fairly easily implemented into these items. I am actually working on a project right now involving 6 pairs of mittens in the same 3 colors but with varying stitch patterns (more on this next week!)


*If you want further examples, check out my flickr...I am slowly updating it to have all my Ravelry projects and shop products in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment