Friday, September 13, 2013

Free Pattern Friday: Pattern Palooza!

So, in realizing my friend is hosting her son's 2nd birthday party THIS SATURDAY!, I decided I should probably get my butt moving on his gift. I originally wanted to make him a Curious George plush and his own yellow hat, but I don't think a week is enough time to design them (as I wasn't finding a monkey pattern I liked enough to adapt, and I couldn't find any yellow hat patterns). Since last week I've been obsessing about dinosaurs though, so now I am thinking of making a few small plush dinos for a play set, and probably a hat or something for the kiddo too.

Don't worry--George and the yellow hat will still happen. I got the idea because that is his party theme, but I can't just drop it. Maybe he'll get a George themed Christmas gift, or maybe they will go up in the shop...who knows! I've got time now to design at least, and this crazy expansion/relocation project at work is almost done so I'll have even more time to boot!

So, now in dinosaur mode, I turn to one of my favorite sites, Ravelry, and do a generic search for dinosaur. There are so many cute (and relatively simple, it seems) plush toys. A lot of them from one of my favorite crochet/amigurumi sites Planet June. This link takes you to her free patterns (omg, she made a Lemming!). She also has paid for patterns, and a ton of tutorials. I can tell you from experience that her instructions are incredibly clear and she will explain specific techniques at times (if not in the pattern, then on her blog).

I highly recommend you check out Planet June for your amigurumi needs.

No comments:

Post a Comment