Wednesday, September 4, 2013

More Custom Orders

Wow! I was expecting September to be a slow month, but the requests just keep coming in! This is great news for the shop, although it is pushing back my planned ready-made and customizeable items. Don't worry though--those ideas are still there and just keep growing over time!

So last week when I was delivering the First Grandson set, another coworker saw the cap and asked if I could make one for her son now that fall is coming up. She was thinking navy, but left the color choices up to me. I went navy with a gold border. I delivered it yesterday and she was thrilled! As an added bonus, she had just picked up a fall shirt in the same colors so now her little boy has a fall outfit n_n

The customer that ordered the penguin plush for her niece, just put in another request for a turtle plush for her daughter. At first she asked for the turtle to be green, but then she mentioned her daughter's favorite color is purple. I decided to go with a sea foam green body and a purple granny square shell.

Another request that came in last week was for a pair of skates and a beanie with a paw print, in blue and green. We decided on royal blue skates with neon green wheels and laces, and a royal blue beanie with neon green paw print. So far these are still in the designing phase, but I've got the hat chart figured out at least.

The train set is still in the works, but has gotten pushed back. Luckily this is an order for a friend and she has no real due date. It is just a gift she wants to give, and unless she wants to wait until Christmas there really isn't an event as the baby was born in spring (the request came though during summer). Everything is designed, I just want to get the baby's current age so I know what size to make the conductor's hat.

I am also working on a personal project for a friend. Her son turns 2 this month and his party is Curious George themed. I definitely want to do a George plush, but am playing around with ideas to go with it. Currently I'm debating between a yellow hat or a cardigan.

I also think I've finalized the 3 Strikes for Sean donations. I decided to make two pairs for boys and two pairs for girls. For the boys I am sending in soccer cleats (in white and red), and Chicago Bears logo cuffed booties. For the girls I am sending in purple mary janes and pink flower sandals.

And that should take us through the end of September! Whew...

No comments:

Post a Comment