Monday, June 24, 2013

Saying Goodbye to Streetlight...

Lat night I got to see one of my favorite band's during their final tour. We traveled 2.5 hours to Bloomington, IL to see them play and it was well worth it. The show was amazing, and Tom is as funny as ever. They have gotten so big that circles don't really break out anymore and everyone rushes the stage. I got up front and stayed there for the whole show. I'm bruised and sore, but I am so glad I made it to the final IL show.

Streetlight Manifesto has been around for about 10 years, so I guess they chose a good time to end their run. I first saw them back in 2005 when they were still openers. They played at the Metro, and after the show my friends and I saw them loading up their van. We stopped to chat with them and got their autographs (I got my ticket signed, but a buddy of mine had them sign his up-Chucks...which my sister later embroidered to preserve the signatures). They only had 1 CD out at this time, and now they have 4.

It was just so cool to be able to watch them evolve and see one of their early tours, and their 2 final tours (and a few in between). I bought a hoodie at that first concert, which I still have and wear today, and I snagged a T-shirt at their final show.

The band is not breaking up, so they will still be making music (which is great news!), they just aren't planning on touring much at all if ever...at least for a while. If you like ska music, I highly recommend you check them out!

If you find you like the band, please only order CDs and merch from their shop. Victory Records is withholding their final CD and banning Tom's solo album. All proceeds from Streetlight's products from Victory only helps fuel their financing for the legal dispute. Plus, you can find that last CD online for free...

No comments:

Post a Comment