Friday, June 28, 2013

Yoga Skirt Sewing Pattern

It's Free Pattern Friday again at Handmade by Caitlin. I have yet to hear back about Zero (although I may just be sharing the original with you now), and the drawstring pouch is on hold until I can get my sewing machine to stop fighting with me. But I thought I would share this skirt pattern with you, since it's summer and all us gals can use a cute, simple skirt in the warm months.

I found this pattern last fall when trying to design a birthday present for my friend's then to be 5 year old. The little girl's specific request was "a long purple skirt." Ok...I can work with that. My sister wanted to knit a cardi, so we were going to combine our efforts into one outfit.

I particularly liked this pattern because it was simple and easily adjusted for length (as I was making a long skirt). I even made a second skirt for a doll, because my sister and I thought it would be cute to make matching outfits for the little girl and her baby (American Girl does it afterall...).

This is how the birthday present turned out:

And just for fun, here is the corresponding doll outfit:

Now head on over to Sew Mama Sew and make your own yoga skirt! While you're there check out some of the other awesome sewing tutorials they have.

No comments:

Post a Comment