Thursday, October 25, 2007

Oh October...

caitinc October is my favorite month ever. I love the fall: watching the leaves change colors, raking and jumping into leaves, Halloween (big-time fan here), the weather (ever-changing from sunny to rainy, but with a nice temperature range), etc.  I was actually pretty sad that it has been so warm lately, but that is not the case anymore. At least when it was warm, I was prepared. Now that it has gotten cold, well normal really, I am completely unprepared. All of my warm clothes 
are still at home because I didn't need them. Now, it seems I have to wait until Thanksgiving to get them, because that is when I'm going home net. Normally, it would be on Halloween for all of the fun and festivities, but they were put on hold this year because of my daddy's accident (I'm sure you'll learn more on Halloween ^_^).

Anyway, what with the cold and my lack of proper clothing, I decided that it was a great time to learn how to knit a sweater. Now, all my previous knitting expenditures have already been recorded in just the last few posts, so you can see how lacking my experience is. However, since I could not find a comfy sweater that I approved of at my local Walmart or JC Penny (seriously, the only stores in Macomb, or within 45 minutes driving distance...the next closest places are an hour away at least!), I decided to make one. I'm attempting to make Jenna Wilson's Banff as published in Knitty. I am using a much lighter yarn color, but overall it seems to be working out. I am only now just finishing up the ribbing on the back, so I still have a ways to go. I'm hoping to have it done before winter lol--wish me luck!

My progress thus far ^_^
I actually started this about a week or so ago. I'm not quite sure if I got the right kind of yarn, but I thought it was pretty. I am currently using Lion Brand Homespun in Cream:



After giving it a try and working about a quarter of the ribbing, it seems to be going alright. The package gave the same guage that the pattern is asking for, and so far my ribbing is matching it:



Now, I feel confident that I am doing alright. I just got to the point where you begin the decreases, an dI think it is looking pretty good. It looks a little scrunched in the picture, as I am only working on 14" needles. When I take the time to spread it out over the two, it does meet the measurements. I just think it looks a bit narrow, especially since the ribbing does that zig zag deal when it gets scrunched (which makes it look way narrow). Anyhow, this is the final progress mark for today:

As I am too bouncy to sit still and knit all the time, I have taken to video games yet again. I wanted to get My Sims for the DS, but instead settled for renting the Wii version. It is so insanely cute and I just love it. To be honest, the cuteness factor is really the only reason I even wanted to get it--I'm not really a Sims kind of gal. This game is not really like any other sims game, though. You basically collect "essences" and rebuild the town while making friends and recruiting new townies. It kind of reminds me of Dark Cloud (ps2), in the respect that you are rebuilding a town to meet people's desires. I am already a huge fan though. The only problem is that now I am a little nervous of the DS version, because you are recruiting tourists instead of townies, so I think it will be less involved. Unfortunately for me Gamespot is not working right now, so I can't really get a good comparison. So far it looks like I might have to break down and get the Wii version instead of the DS...
I'm in: Macomb
Feeling: gigglygiggly
Listening to: The Hippos--Paulina

No comments:

Post a Comment