Thursday, October 18, 2007

Swatch Bunny

caitinc So I was browsing the web today, looking for bulky sweater patterns, and somehow came across this bunny in my search. To be quite honest, I do not know what bunnies have to do with sweaters, but I am glad I found this. I thought it was just so cute, and I took it upon myself to whip one up. 
Oh so cute! 
I love bunnies, my whole family does. We currently have and adorable mini lop-earred bunny name Angie. She is the cutest little thing--all peach and fluffy. Before Angie we had Flopsy, a black dwarf lop. She was so sweet and cuddly--like a puppy. We had her six years before she died. After having a bunny-free house for a few years, we realized we couldn't handle being without one, and we bought Angie. The search for her was very long, as dwarf lops (which apparently aren't dwarf lops at all, but holland lops), are not that easy to find. We had to go through a breeder. We actually waited for about 6 months until last April, as we wanted another black bunny. However, we saw Angie and just fell in love. The rest is history.

(Flopsy's pic forthcoming)



Angie ^_^ (she loves sitting on the vent for some reason...)
In memory, of Flopsy, I whipped up a black bunny, using the pattern above. It only took me one evening (a side note to anyone teaching knitting: this is a great project to do with a first-timer's learning swatch!) I actually did my own thing with the ears, as I had not printed the pattern and had already turned off my computer. In the end it all worked out, and I have my own little bunny. I call her Flopsy 2 ^_^




For those interested, here's my ear pattern:
CO 8
rows 1-10: st st
row 11: k2, k2tog, k2tog, k2
row 12: purl
row 13: k1, k2tog, k2tog, k1
row 14: purl
row 15: k2tog, k2tog
row 16: purl
row 17: k2tog
tie off, and continue to follow original pattern
(purl side is the inner ear)
I'm in: Macomb
Feeling: touchedtouched
Listening to: Troubled Hubble--Man vs Duck

No comments:

Post a Comment