Sunday, October 21, 2007

Yay Mario!

caitinc So I got a Wii for my birthday...October 2, just a few weeks ago. The only game I got for it is Super Paper Mario, which rocks. I love this game so much. It is adorable, maintains the traditional play expected from a Mario side-scroller, and has a good story-line, not to mention it's an RPG (yes, I am that nerdy...I am surrounded by D&D players, could you expect any less?). Unfortunately, I do not get to play it as often as I would like, since the 
boyfriend seems to have taken it over. For a while I was way ahead of him, then he surpassed me. I finally catch up and he beats the game. Oh well, I guess that leaves more time for me to play ^_^

In the meantine I have been on a hunt for Harvest Moon DS, which apparently is not an easy game to find. I remember when Tut bought it for herself, and I swear it wasn't that long ago (a year, maybe two...I think she pre-ordered it though, and then it got pushed back, so still not that long ago). I figure I can at least find it at Gamestop, but even they don't seem to have it (in the store or online). So I resort to eBay and Amazon, and manage to find tons of them...no wonder Gamestop doesn't have any. So I go and order it for my little sister (she is a huge Harvest Moon fan, and I figure it'll make a good gift). Turns out the boyfriend also wants to play. Since I kind of wanted a copy for myself anyway, I buy another figuring at least I'll have something to play while he takes over the Wii. Guess who has been playing with it since it arrived? That's right...the boyfriend.

On the bright side, the copy that has arrived also came with Mario vs Donkey Kong 2: March of the Minis, which I am obsessed with. It's like Lemmings, but with more of a puzzle aspect. It has completely distracted me from Super Paper Mario, which is sad because now instead of battling over who gets the Wii, the boyfriend and I now battle over the DS (because he is a loser and opted not to get one for some reason that I don't understand). I'm about 2/3 of the way through the game though, and I only got it yesterday! I think I might just beat it before I go back to Super Paper Mario. 1.) I get to keep the Ds from the boyfriend, which I find too funny. 2.) The bosses in Super Paper Mario suck. They are getting harder and harder, and I am not really getting any better lol. Oh well, at least I know how to beat most of them after watching the boyfriend play all the time.
I'm in: Macomb
Feeling: geekygeeky
Listening to: Opening theme from Bleach (yay Japanese!)

No comments:

Post a Comment