Friday, July 19, 2013

Free Beginner Crochet Blanket Pattern

Welcome again to Free Pattern Fridays. This week's installment is not one of my patterns (they seem to have been misplaced in the midst of redoing my computer a few months back, but don't worry I will  find them eventually!). However, I really like this blanket and believe it is pretty simple. In fact this is the pattern I used to teach my friend how to crochet. You learn some basics: chain, double crochet, increase, and decrease. The ripples give it a nice "advanced" look which is what my friend liked. She didn't want some "crappy" first project, so instead she got a beautiful wavey blanket in aqua, brown, white, and tan (I wish I had a picture, because the color combo is just gorgeous!). I unfortunately have only ever finished a dolly blanket in this pattern, although I do have a few inches of an afghan for myself started (It will be in black, burgundy, dark teal, and aqua).

So without further ado, I give you Susan B.'s Easy Ripple Afghan (click the picture for the link):

(c) Susan B in metro KC


No comments:

Post a Comment